Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
Other similar job titles you may be intertested in include:
Clinical Data Manager
There are no Open Vacancies that Match your Search
Please view a sample career profile in the box below
or click here to browse all open vacancies
Laboratory Project Manager Career Profile
Laboratory Project Manager
In conjunction with observable clinical data, clinical trials also rely heavily on laboratory data. Many clinical trials protocols involve the collection and analysis of blood, saliva and other tissue samples. Laboratory samples from pharmaceutical companies are generally outsourced to CRO'S (Contract Research Organisation's) to be analysed.
The Laboratory Project Manager must be knowledgeable and experienced in Project Management techniques related to Medical / Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials
They are responsible to drive diverse and challenging projects, demonstrating ownership and forward thinking - while keeping a collaborative attitude and fostering excellent communication.
- Serve as key contact for the trial sponsors as well as primary liaison role between Sponsor, CRO and Referral Laboratory
- Take the lead over the Study Protocol review and Study Feasibility
- Possess the ability to create and motivate a team around project deliverables
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight; effectively managing, planning and coordinating all related project activities, including staffing and budgets
- Ensure that all customer expectations are documented and acted upon in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Lead effectively in an environment where timelines and priorities are dynamic
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD degree in life sciences or a related laboratory area is generally preferred
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills and client expertise
- Excellent written, verbal, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative and ability to work collaboratively